After logging in, you will see the forecasting screen and that it is blank.
To import your company's data, go to the "Import Data" screen under "Data Management"
You will then see the import tool which will allow you to upload and import a file containing the data of your company.
Here you are able to select the correct data to import. We review each of the terms that you can import in the Step 1. tutorial on document preparation. For now, we are going to import item location details because it must be done first if there is no data in the system.
Clicking on a step expands that step and shows what terms can be imported when that step is selected.
Once you have selected the type of data you want to import, you may then begin to select your file.
Click the blue browse button to select the correct file. Then you either select insert and update to insert new data and update existing data, insert only to only insert new data, and update only to only update existing data. You can then either select Comma, if you're uploading a CSV, or Tab if your uploading a TSV.
Once you have selected the correct file and information, you can then select Next Step. You will now see the import
1. Date Format - Choose a desired date format that your csv is in.
2. Rows to Skip - Selecting 1 row to skip will skip the first line of the CSV. This is helpful if you have included titles in your csv, this way they will not be imported.
3. Required/Optional - Any term in orange is required and must be used, all terms in grey are not required and do not have to be imported.
4. Terms - Shows which terms can imported. Drag a term over a column to map it correctly.
5. Back - Go back and select a different file or data type to import.
6. Warning - If any column in your csv does not have a heading, it will not be imported.
7. Import Files - once you have finished mapping your data, click here to complete the import.
8. Column Headers - This is where you drag the terms.
9. CSV first line - This is the first line of your csv. In the example above, these are headings and therefore I must select 1 row to skip before I complete the import.
10. Data - This is the rest of your csv and the data included.
Once you click import file(s), you will then either receive an error message explaining a mistake, or you will be redirected to the first import screen where you can select another type of data to import.