How to use filters such as categories, ABC Codes and Active Codes
How to save a filter set
How to load a saved filter set
How to delete a filter set
IMPORTANT: When changing any filter you will see the "Apply" tool flash green. Be sure to click the apply tool in order to apply and save the changes you've made. Even the "Clear Selections" tool must be applied.
Once logged in, you will notice on the left-hand side of the screen a tab labeled "Categories." When clicked on, the tab will expand. You will then be able to select your filters from each drop-down menu and apply them by selecting the apply toola directly above. Listed below are some of the available filters and categories. Though you will be able to view all of the filters below, some of the categories you see may not be specific to your company; Therefore, those categories may not appear in your version of the software.
Learn how to add/change/delete categories
1) Toggle on/off - Hide or show the filters section.
2) Clear Selections - Clear all of the filters that are currently applied.
3) Load Filter Set - Load a set of filters that you have previously saved.
4) Save Filter Set - Save a set of filters that you want to use again in the future.
5) Apply Filters - Applies all filters selected to the forecasting graph and table.
The next tab on the left-hand side of the screen underneath "Categories" is labeled "ABC Codes."
ABC Codes are set by your company and determine each of your units estimated importance.
You can sort ABC codes by A units, B units, C units, and D units.
1) ABC Set - Displays the ABC set you wish to filter.
2) Selected Codes - Opens and closes the code window and displays the selected codes.
3) Inactive Code Section - Shows the codes that are not selected.
4) Toggle Active/Inactive - Move codes back and forth between active and inactive.
5) Active Code Section - Shows the codes that are currently selected.
6) Confirm Changes - Confirms that the changes are ready to be applied.
Learn how to change the A, B, C, and D percentages
Active Codes are the next tab on the left-hand side found directly under ABC Codes. Similar to ABC Codes, Active Codes allow you to filter your units by A-Active, S-Slow, or O-Obsolete. You can use this filter by checking the box next to the code.
1) Active - Active SKUs sell fast and often.
2) Slow - Slow SKUs take more time to sell than the average SKU.
3) Obsolete - Obsolete SKUs are sold rarely, if ever.
Active Codes can be set either when importing your data in your CSV, or by going into the Item Manager.
1) Display - Displays the active items.
2) Search - Search for inactive items.
3) Inactive Items - Items that are not currently in the filter set.
4) Toggle Active/Inactive - Use these arrows to activate and inactivate items.
5) Active Items - Items that are currently active in the filter set.
6) Confirm - Confirms that your changes are ready to be applied.
When a category/filter drop-down menu is clicked on, you will see a box listing "Inactive" features on the left and "Active" features on the right.
To make one Inactive SKU active, simply click the desired SKU, which will highlight it, then click the single arrow (>) to the right. If you want to bring all of the indicated category/filter active, press the double arrow key (>>) to the right. You may also search for a specific SKU to activate by using the search box directly under "Inactive."
The same principles apply when transferring the desired information from "Active" to "Inactive." For bringing one SKU from active to inactive, click the single arrow (<) to the left.
If you want to bring all of the indicated category/filter inactive press the double arrow key (<<) to the left.